Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"It is my first everything"

This quote is by Linus Larrabee in the 1995 remake of Sabrina as he is about to board the Concord to Paris. While I'm not going there, (though I will some day, with my Aunt Ruth as guide for Garland and me!!), I do have that feeling I imagine Linus experiencing--for the day after tomorrow I am finally getting a stamp in my passport!

My husband and I are traveling to Ireland and Scotland with The Florida Voices and RHS to sing in 2 castles (Edinburgh and Stirling), 2 cathedrals (St. Andrew's and St. Giles), the Kylemore Abbey, and as participants of the Bray Festival in Dublin. From May 26 through June 7 we will be experiencing our "first everything"! We fly into Shannon, Ireland and spend 2 days each in Galway and Dublin before taking the ferry from Larne, Ireland to Cairnryan, Scotland. Once there we will spend 2 days in Edinburgh, Inverness, Glasgow with a day at Fort William.

Talk with you soon, with all the pics and news!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Bon voyage! Looking forward to pics when you get back. And I'd love to be a Paris guide. :)

12:18 PM  
Blogger mama j said...

Have a safe trip--I'm a little disappointed though--I was thinking you all were doing this alone.....oh well--it will still be a blast and wow--the places you'll see! Two days after HS Grad I went to England/Wales w/ my Touring Choir--WOW--what an experience!

Sieze the day! Enjoy every moment of it, as I know you will! And by the way--praying for you--and already have begun to--thinking about you a lot this a.m. since I saw you last evening!

xoxo,
me

1:26 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

It really IS amazing, Shari, that we're both vacationing the exact same days--you there and we here in Scandinavia and Russia. As we speak, our ship is getting ready to sail from London to Oslo. How fun for both of us!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home