Wednesday, May 17, 2006

And That's A Wrap...

I have been away from blogging for a few weeks, wrapping up the end of the choir year at Riverview High School. Upon returning from State, we immediately began rehearsals for the Spring Concert that was held this past Friday night. Much of the planning and coordinating of the second half (Movie and Music) is my responsibility, so my time has been limited. The evening was a great success because of the unbelievable talents and hard work of the students.

Since State, the honors choir, Center Stage, voted for next year's Renaissance Feast's head table. The four positions are King, Queen, Lord and Lady Chamberlain. It is a huge honor to be eligible and to take part in the Feast in any of these four roles.

This past year, two best friends were Queen and Lady Chamberlain. Kelly Taylor and Lauren Turner truly blessed all of us in 2005. (This Saturday is their graduation from high school. My heart is full of love and admiration for both young women and it is difficult to imagine their absence from my daily life. Kelly heads off to Florida Atlantic University and Lauren to Vanderbilt this fall. I will miss them beyond words.)




As for Renaissance, 2006, we will once again have two best friends in the roles of Queen and Lady Chamberlain. Claire Heckerman and my daughter, Katy, will step into these leadership positions with the grace and dignity they always possess.


The roles of King and Lord Chamberlain are being filled by Brandon Giorlando and Kevin Juergens. Katy, Brandon, and Kevin have sung together in choir since the 6th grade, and so begins next year's choir season even while this year's is winding down.


Friday evening is the final event...the Senior Banquet. Our daughter, Emma, is flying in for the weekend, and it will be a balm to my soul to have our entire family home together. The event is "black and white attire", and will be a wonderful time to celebrate and say good-bye to our seniors.

Once more, CONGRATULATIONS, CLASS OF 2006!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

So glad to get this update, Shari. You HAVE been busy, I see. And congratulations to Katy! So glad Emma is flying in for the grand finale.

I've been thinking of you lately because Amy and I will go see "Wicked" tomorrow afternoon at our fabulous Fox Theatre (a Mother's Day gift from Donica who is in Amsterdam right now and cannot go). I know you think of this musical as "the best" of them all, as I recall.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

Oh! I'm so excited for you both!!! We actually closed the concert with a Wicked medley--Lauren and Kelly played the Glinda and Elphaba roles, and earlier in the evening Katy and Claire did the duet "What Is This Feeling?" from the show, also!! (of course, all based on the movie "The Wizard of Oz"!! :)

Yes, I do think Wicked is the best I've ever seen--so creatively written and performed! I've seen it on Broadway, Chicago, and on the National Tour in Tampa in the past 12 months---

I'm very excited for you both!!!! You've watched the national trailer at
http://www.wickedthemusical.com/chicago/
haven't you?!!

Let me know what you think!!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Oh, NO. I hadn't seen the trailer and now that I have, it's even more wonderful! Especially since I can see their faces :)

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So not that this week hasn't already been filled with tears...reading your blog just started the flow again. haha. See you at banquet tonight! Love you!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home