Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Flora and Fauna

My love for the sheep in the UK is documented...

I have not shown you the "Highland Coos". A cow is a cow, except for in the Highlands of Scotland.


He reminds me a bit of my friend, James, an upcoming junior...maybe it's the hair.






Then there are the beautiful flowers. All along our journeys I viewed lilacs from the bus, but never in person. There were some who know how great they smell, Garland NOT being one! My childhood memories of the lilacs across Deerfield Road and Deerpath Drive were not relived--the opportunity to smell spring didn't present itself to me, although I saw it.

Many flowers I don't know were seen and smelt, however, and I'd love to know what I discovered!!











5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...even the lilac scented candle I bought Shari when we returned to FL did not completely ease the pain of not being able to sniff the actual shrub in Scotland. Oh well...

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see the resemblance between James and the cow! Just joking!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

We tried like the dickins to get a photo of a highland cow last year when we were there and finally got a quick one on our last day. They are such a hoot. God clearly has a sense of humor! AND a good sense of smell. You're right about all the gorgeous flowers everywhere!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the read!! What beautiful pics all around.... thanks so much for sharing from your memory/photo bank! I could not get into the comments section from the most recent blog. I kept clicking on the [ 3 comments ], and nothing opened up for reading/sending comments. I love you, Mom.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hello! I am researching genealogy. I was wondering if you are perhaps related to Judson Clark Mungers at all.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home