Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh The People You'll Meet

We had a great time with the RHS students, chaperones, and members of Florida Voices while on tour. I'd like to introduce you to some:

This is Betty Mullett, director of both groups, with her 84 year old sister, Lois. They were so sweet together. Betty and her twin sister are the youngest of 8, and Lois is the second in pecking order.

We spent a lot of time in our double decker bus, on the top with the students and chaperones.
There was time with Florida Voices. Here's Chris, JR, Tim and Susan in a cafe when we stopped in Ennis, Ireland.




Speaking of Ennis, this woman allowed us to take her picture (isn't that a great umbrella?!!) eventhough she "don't have any teeth, deary!"






Meet Christopher Robin Fox (yes, that's his real name), our tour guide for 13 days, along with our great driver, Martin. I don't know how he did it some days!!



Then, of course, the chaperones. Garland and I weren't official chaperones, but we still spent a lot of time with students and adults from Riverview. We enjoyed time with Merritt and Vickie Morgan. He celebrated his 42 birthday with us at the Guinness factory in Dublin. We had "a pint on that" overlooking the city after the tour.



Great people, and fun times with them!







7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures remind me of the days of touring with my neighborhood church choir when I was a lad. You all look like you are having so much fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

That's so funny, Rachel..."when I was a lad"--or maybe a lass? :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Isn't that harp they carve in the foam of the Guiness cool??

Which monastery ruins are those? Monasterboice?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

Ruth:
Actually, they carved a cloverleaf in ours...and the best guinness I've ever tasted!

The ruins are at Clonmacnoise (Ireland), just south of Athlone. It's dates back to the 6th century.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are some of the greatest kids and adults I have ever known. It was a privilege to be in Europe with them.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Believe it or not, I had a pint in that same brewery in Dublin in 1988 (I think), "just to say I did it." :) Great photos of a great experience!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes a lass I suppose, although Swede and I do joke around about how perhaps I am a gay man trapped in a woman's body! Sometimes I just can't stand being around people, and when I mention it, Swede says, "So in other words, your a man." We get lots of laughs!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home