Friday, March 17, 2006

...but you've outclassed them all!


My mom is an amazing woman. No, it's not her birthday or any other significant day in her life. I'm just thinking about her and what a huge heart she has. She is the most giving person I've ever known--her capacity to love is unreserved! She reflects her maiden name, Hart, to a tee. She always puts the needs of others before her own.

She is being released from a 5 day hospitalization today, and I know both she and her husband are very happy to have her back in her "world". After a successful operation, the lesson of allowing others to serve her begins. My most vivid memory of Susan while I lived my childhood was of her serving others, most times at her own expense...time, emotions, hospitality, etc. It is even her philosophy of business.

She is a remarkable lady, and I pray she will be able to enjoy her time of recooperation, relaxing, and the healing of not just her body but her mind, emotions, and spirit as well.

Nice to have you home, Mom!


"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all!" Prov. 31:29

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

What a beautiful post -- and photo! -- about Susan. Nothing feels better than admiration from your own children. I know this will help her feel good, even if she's in pain as she recuperates!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're doing well, Susan. blessings upon blessings to you.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad that Grandma's surgery went well. I am so with you on this one Mom. Grandma has a wonderful heart. I agree with Tante Ruth. 100% great blog( I give you an A!)! I love you!!!!!!!!!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

What a great testimony, Shari, to the "connections" you have with one another in your family. It's obvious it started long ago when it was "just" you and her! Thanks for your support of my great sister! I totally agree that she is one of the most giving persons I've ever known.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I read this right after you sent it, and meant to respond, but I guess I didn't.)

I love you, Mrs. M! I am most humbled by your kind words...Thank you for being you! Love, Mom

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home