Thursday, August 24, 2006

16 Sweet Reasons To Birthday

Two days ago, Aunt Ruth posted reasons she would "birthday" upon completing her 50th year. Today, as my daughter Emma Ruth has her own day, I thought I would share some of the reasons to celebrate her 16th year:

16. She's in the middle of two other sisters, like the frosting of an oreo cookie or the bologna in the sandwhich
15. Beautiful smile
14. Fun to be around
13. Sweet
12. Incredibly talented
11. Bouncy (even when not cheering at varsity football games)
10. Committed to her friends
9. Hard worker, even when she doesn't feel like it
8. Encourager
7. Compassionate
6. Lives life to the fullest
5. Loves her family, no matter where they are
4. Is true to herself
3. Is passionate about what she believes
2. Loves God
And the #1 reason....I really don't need any of these reasons to celebrate her. I just love her. That's reason enough! No matter how old she gets or how far away she lives, she'll always be my irreplaceable Emma Ruth.

BIRTHDAY

ALL

DAY,

EMMA!!


WE LOVE YOU!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shari --

You should have told me this would be a Kleenex moment! The "mom" in me, and the "grandma" in me, just simply cannot express the plethora of emotions running throughout my being at this moment. Everything about this post is so beautiful, so accurate.....and the #1 reason is priceless!! WOW!! Love you so much, honey! Mom

Happy Sweet Sixteen Birthday, Emma!
Love you lots! Grandma

12:38 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

This is a neat way to celebrate your daughter's birthday. It sounds like you make a great mom!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

What a great tribute for a Sweet Sixteen!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom. I love you so much. Missed you today! But the gift was amazing! Its sitting on my shelf right above my bed!

I LOVE YOU!!

p.s.--even though I was sick...I wore my necklace all day :)

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emma is the coolest 16 year old i know! Happy Birthday :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

Mom:I agree how easy it is to get tears when thinking about how much we love our children!

Tim: Welcome! Nice to hear from someone who contributes to my aunts' sites :)

Emma: Yea, it is sad you were sick on your birthday! On the flip side, it was great to be able to talk with you as much as we did.:) Glad you liked your day and we missed you like crazy and love you even more!

Katy: Completely agree. She is definitely the best 16 year old!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the things you said about emma were 100% true! I love and I love you!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home