Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Friday Night Lights and Traditions


I am the only person in my family to graduate from another high school other than Riverview. My husband is the class of 74, and daughters to be '07, '08, '11. This past Friday evening we all went to the Homecoming game (winners 21-0), and it was filled with long-standing, unique traditions.

Sarasota is a large Scottish community. The band is known for their authentic dress MacDonald tartan kilts (the only one of it's kind outside Scotland). Here is Ryan McCarville, the Drum Major and one of Katy's best friends. Instead of a pom pon squad, we have Highland Dancers. The principal dancer each year dances on top of a drum! Go Erin!


















I love the fact that my daughters have a high school experience so steeped in these traditions!










This may be the only year all three girls will be at a home game together...




....unless the Homecoming Game becomes a new tradition for our family!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to see the sisters together!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Traditions are what make the world go round, as far as I'm concerned. They bring us together and are pegs on which we hang our years. So glad, as Ruth said, to see the sisters all together. They MAY have a Homecoming tradition for the years to come. Those Scottish "uniforms" are out of this world, btw. It would make any kid want to learn an instrument!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kilties #1 fan! DMR (Drum major ryan) is not only one of the best musicians i know but he is also one of my greatest friends! It was fun to have both my sisters at the game and to go with emma to the dance!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mungy-Bungy... that pic of Emma and I makes me want to puke. Emma looks good, then there's me. haha. oh well. The other pics are cute btw =)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

Sweet Jenayyyy--

I adore you! I'm not sure any of the Matejka girls would've gone to all the festivities with a cast and 3 broken toes!! :) kudos...You are my hero! :)

luvs to u,
M.B. (aka, mungy-bungy)

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love EVERYthing I read about my wonderful family!!!! And.... (of course) I love every picture I see. Keep my proud grandma juices flowing.....

Love you, Mom

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home