Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Recipies from the Hart

My mother and her three sisters fill my mind as I prepare for another Thanksgiving Day Feast. Each year on this day I spend a good portion of it following their recipies:

Aunt Ruth's Raspberry Supreme salad. Aunt Nancy's Brocolli Salad. Aunt Bootsie's Chicken Verona (perfect after a busy day of cooking!). And then tomorrow, my mother is ever-present as I set the table with her china. This year, evermore so, because of the dining set she passed on to me since the past year's celebration. It simply wouldn't be Thanksgiving for my husband and children without these dishes to pass!

Of course, there is the must-have at brunch of Aunt Wilma's monkey bread and hash brown casserole!

Even with family so far away, today and tomorrow they gather around our table. These recipies bring them to us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

What a soulful post, Shari. Thanks for the reminder of family memories that stick with us, no matter where we are for the holidays. Tomorrow Donica and I will be with her Mom in south Atlanta; Amy will be in LA with Dennis and his parents; Mark will be with Bill and Linda; Nicholas will be with his daddy!

Even now I stop to give thanks for you and yours!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do a great job keeping family traditions meaningful. This is very sweet.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home